Major Depressive Disorder dsm that is in short is MDD can be found as the first disease or recurrence, at least 2 episodes of major depression with a healing distance of at least 2 months. Major depressive disorder may also have several subtypes that differ in specifications and degrees of severity which can be used to distinguish any type of depression that has implications for recognition (specific symptoms or patterns of illness), prognosis and treatment selection.
The major depressive disorder dsm subgroups are grouped based on the clinical symptoms that appear and the pattern of episodes of depression. Then, when it talks about the depression, it must be ever heard about the dsm. Here DSM-IV-TR provides a depression specification with the intention that the selection of therapy is better and predicts the prognosis. For those of you who are practitioners and academics in the field of psychology and psychiatry, maybe you often hear gossip and also unsavory controversy up to DSM.
Here for the example that you can see is such as the intervention of certain pharmaceutical companies that contribute to the making of DSM and other gossip. This is not necessarily true and actually still doubtful, but still this makes DSM had become a matter of debate and controversy that is not tasty. However, you can know some points from major depressive disorder dsm. To know more about major depressive disorder, here some explanation of it. Major depressive disorder or major depressive disorder is the most common type of mood disorder that can be diagnosed. 50% depression occurs at the age of 20-50 years. WHO records about 121 million people worldwide suffer from depression.
Of these data only 30% of people with depression actually get enough treatment. Most people who are clinically depressed remain undiagnosed and untreated or fail to get proper treatment. Severe depression disorder (Major depressive disorder) requires the presence of 5 or more depression symptoms according to the DSM-IV criterion for 2 weeks. Here the criteria of major depressive disorder dsm are as follows:
- The mood is depressive most of the day that is self-acknowledged by the subject or the observation of others. In children and adolescents the usual behavior is easily provoked by anger.
- They can loss of interest or feelings of pleasure significantly in living most of the daily activities.
- Furthermore, someone who has major depressive disorder dsm will decreases their weight significantly without any diet program or there is a drastic weight gain.
- They are also easy to get insomnia or sustained hypersomnia.
- Then, they will fatigue or loss of energy easily.
- They have psychomotoric agitation or retadation.
- They will have feelings of worthless or excessive guilt
- Other symptoms that may happen to people wwho has depression is easy to decreases their thinking or concentration.
- Thoughts about death, suicide, or suicide attempts are repeated many times.
- Distress is clinically significant.
- Not related to condolence for losing someone.
That’s all some explanation about the major depressive disorder and its symptom. May it can be useful for you all.