Major Depression Definition – Talking about depression, it has many definition that is little bit relevant each other from the health mentally expert. One of them such as depression is a mental state of mood changes that is easy to be depression, sadness, despair, and despair. Depression is known as major depressive disorder in medical. Mental or depressive disorder is a mood disorder characterized by the occurrence of one or more depressive episodes lasting for at least one up to two weeks without any other form of disturbance in the form of a bead, mixture, and hippomanic episode. Generally this condition is accompanied by four symptoms that include changes in appetite as well as weight, changes in sleeping habit and daily activity, lack of energy, have problems in thinking and also making decisions, and the last is recurrent thoughts about death or suicide.
Further, this disorder is sometimes accompanied by psychotic traits. Thus, to know more about depression and how to cure it or how to give them the best treatment you have to know the different each of depression by knowing one of them deeply such as about the major depression definition. There is also a form of depressive disorder that is such as a mood disorder that does not meet the full of criteria for major depressive disorder, but it has at least 2 symptoms that can appear for at least about 2 weeks.
That conditions classified in this group include, recurrent short depressive disorder , premenstrual dis- posical disorder, and minor depressive disorder. The criteria of morbid depression disorder are to have similar symptoms in duration such as major depressive disorder, but with milder severity. Recurrent short depressive disorder is characterized by several relatively short episodes (less than 2 weeks) of depression symptoms but meets the diagnostic criteria for major depressive disorder. Premenstrual dysfunction disorder is a syndrome involving mood symptoms (eg, lability), physical symptoms (eg, breast tenderness, edema, and headache), and behavioral symptoms (eg, dietary changes). Symptom patterns occur at any given time during the menstrual cycle, and will improve over several periods of time between the menstrual cycle.
Beside knowing about major depression definition, you have to know more about their symptoms that can arise from people who infecting the depression.
- The mood of depression most of the day. Even it can be more than almost every day, as well as in children and adolescents can be a feeling of irritability.
- They will reduce interest or their pleasure in all or even in the most of their activities all day and every day.
- Significant weight loss or weight gain when not running a particular diet program (eg, changes of more than 5% of body weight in a month), or decreased or increased appetite almost daily. In children, these symptoms can be a failure in the expected weight gain.
- Sleep disorders such as sleeplessness (insomnia) or easy to fall asleep (hipersomnia) are found almost every day.
- There is overworked cognitive and motor activity or anxiety that is found almost daily.
- Fatigue or loss of energy experienced almost daily.
That’s all for the explanation about major depression definition and its symptom. may it can be useful for the reader.